Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Upsidedown Is Better, Savor the Flavor!

I really like to eat food and drink tasty drinks, as I am sure the most of us do. Sometimes I eat a little weird, but to be honest with you, if looking more weird means better tasting food, it is worth it. And now to explain myself.

When you put buttered toast in your mouth, which side of the toast hits your tongue first, the dry or buttered? And why did you butter it, to make it easier to chew, because everyone is doing it, or because the sweet butter is delicious on your tongue? Flip it over! butter side down! it tastes better!

When you eat pizza do you think mmm pizza, or do you think mmm pizza bread? In order to get the maximum amount of flavor on your tongue in the least amount of time, eat the pizza bread side up!

Finally, though their are plenty of other foods to eat more correctly for fast taste enhancements, ice cream. Yup their is nothing like a cold metal spoon on my tongue, but you know what is better? A spoon on the top of my mouth, cause that means the ice cream is right on the tongue, instant flavor.

Here is a good drinking tip of delicious juices and whatnot. For me I have moments when I drink something I think it is the best tasting drink ever! I have realized how wasteful I have been with such drinks. Imagine you take a big mouthful of something great, then swallow it.... What about all that goodness in the middle of your mouth that just gets pushed down your throat? Wasted. Try only taking enough to cover your tongue and cheeks so when you close up your mouth you have all mouth surface area covered with very little juice wasted ( I do understand that sometimes the pleasure of a glass of milk, water, juice, whatever is sometimes in swallowing it big, but when it comes to a flavor appetite, this works so great!). Your drink will last so much longer and you will still find great satisfaction in every sip you take! Just enjoy the flavor in your mouth till your own saliva dilutes the goodness out of it, swallow and repeat as desired.

When it comes to good cookies, savor them too, chew and rest, chew and rest, don't keep it in there to long, that is just gross, but make sure you get all the goodness flavor out of it, flavor is for your mouth, not your stomach!

My weirdest post ever,

Matt McMurry

2 comments:

Ben McMurry said...

This was quite the refreshing post. I have often wondered if I am the only one who enjoys the upside-downedness of eating. I normally don't do the pizza, because things fall off. And I plan on trying ice cream later tonight. But toast and I go a long way back. Also, I think sandwiches are best eaten inside-out.

Donna said...

Always fun to read your post!!