Sunday, February 3, 2008

Only For Some People

So I like to watch people, it is fun, you get to learn and understand how they react in certain situations. I know it may sound weird, but lets be honest here, most people are curious to know the workings of another person, or people.

So as this is titled, Only For Some People, you may find it hard to relate, if you can't, it can still make for a funny story I suppose. I was sitting in church one Sunday waiting for the meeting to start, and upon my own thoughts, and things I saw happening I had this inspiring idea for a poem, while the word choices and flow may not be brilliant, I think the concept is rather fun!

Where is she,
it's almost time!
She's still not here
she's not coming.
Hey there she is!

Why is she over there?
Does she even notice me?
How can I sit next to her?
She's in the middle of her people.
What is going on?

Does she have any interest in me?
She doesn't even notice me.
I give up. I surrender.
Dating is not a game for me?
Hmm, am I just crazy?

Is that why she doesn't like me?
WOAH! What if she knows my thoughts!
WOAH! What if he knows my thoughts!
Is that why he doesn't like me?

Girls, am I just crazy?
I love dating - but not him.
I give up. I surrender.
He doesn't even notice me.
Does he have any interest in me?

What is going on?
He just hangs out with his guy friends,
he won't sit next to me.
Does he even notice me?
Why is he over there?

There he is...
not coming next to me.
Why is he not here,
it's almost time.
Where is he!

[If you want a happy ending, the last line is:]

Here I Am.

In any case, this poem works pretty well read backwards as well. I do feel more often than not, in life, even if it is not about an interest in a person, we think the same thoughts. If everyone had perfect communication skills, and used them I am not really sure what would happen, but I do believe more good than bad would happen.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you're probably right...
but...

are you trying to tell us something???

Matt McMurry said...

It is just for fun. No other meaning