Saturday, February 2, 2008

Lost and Life

So I have thought about the Lost TV series a bit. I am still pretty tired of it (why, I will get into), but since I have been taken so deep into the story and plot I feel required to continue watching it. In doing so I have come to realize my biggest problem with the show. Communication fallout.

In the real world, people explain their actions, and if the explanation is a because of shady reasons, well then, you only disclose what you need to disclose. The simplest example I can think of... When you are looking out for friend or family you may do something to them that they do not expect and are actually upset with you in this thing. However, staying in the real world still, you explain your actions and so often that brings reason to the 'victim'

Now lets run to Lost. John Locke throws the knife in attempt to kill Naomi, the girl claiming that she is from Penny's boat. John may not know how he knows she is lying, but he really could do everyone a favor by letting them know what he understands about there situation. Wouldn't you? So I have come to the decision that Lost is simply a Prime time Soap that takes place on an island. Where 90% of the drama is because of people lying or just failing to communicate.

As for life. I have been speaking to 100s of people a day (or at least trying to) trying to change the world, one person at a time. I wish. Really I am just working at a market research company calling businesses and sometimes homes to conduct surveys. Due to the lacking of good pay and the type of work, I can only bring myself to work there 20 hours a week. So the rest of the day is mine, and often mine alone as all my friends are consumed with homework and other school things. So for spare times... I am learning the guitar, reading the Chronicles of Narnia, working the digjeridoo, and kicking it back.

Sometimes I feel like I am slacking but I have realized that this is the first time since I have been home from my mission (just over 2 years) that I have had a chance to not have a programming project and to just enjoy sometime in life. It is pretty great!

Run Really Fast!

No comments: