Monday, February 25, 2008

Texas vs. Idaho

When it comes to Texas and Idaho I have a lot of mixed feelings. Idaho ranks as 3rd on my list when it comes to best states. Texas is still 1st and I would expect no change. I do have a few complaints though. Just take a look at this picture and ask yourself where you would rather be (between the two places). I think the answer is pretty clear. Wait a minute though, I think it would be rude to stereotype Idaho based on Rexburg. The truth is Rexburg is bitter when it comes to winter weather, whereas places like Boise are certainly more tolerable, and Texas still being better right now.

I think something to consider though is the summer time. Though Texas may provide for a rather nice winter, the Summer can become rather brutal. Rexburg Summers are bliss. I absolutely love them. I think I found the solution, and while I am glad I am up here at this time in my life, the ideal would be, Texas for Winter, Idaho for the rest of the year.

Don't think I don't appreciate the cold and snow, I really do, it is quiet fun it is, but when you work and live around this much snow, this long, you just don't want it to last long at all, it takes a lot out of you. I think something else to realize is, the Rexburg Winter sun is low, short, and dimmed. Part by clouds, and part by how far north we are in comparison to Texas. Sure the daylight may lessen in the Winter in Texas but no where near how much it lessens up here. I think Texas really wins this battle.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: